Updated July 2023
Students may wear red, navy blue, or white, polos, or Hale spirit wear for the tops, and khaki, black, and navy blue for the bottoms. No jeans, sweats, leggings, or pajama pants. Skirts and uniform dresses that are 1-2" above the knee are acceptable.
The following are not considered to be appropriate clothing for school dress:
- Hats, scarves, headbands, shower caps, hairnets, bandannas or other forms of head covering that hinders facial recognition. (Hoodies may be worn, but will be considered inappropriate clothing if hood is worn on head)
- Attire that reveals cleavage and/or the midriff area (male and female).
- Fishnet tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, and straps less than three fingers in width (straps on both shoulders).
- Dresses, skirts, or shorts less than fingertip length when arms are extended at the side.
- Any attire that is a substantial disruption to the learning environment at the discretion of the site administrator(s).
- Insignia, Monograms, Patches, Makeup, Tattoos, and Brands or other body decorations (whether temporary or permanent) that is a substantial distraction from the educational process or convey crude, vulgar, profane, violent, death-oriented, gang-oriented, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive messages or advertise tobacco, alcohol, illegal drug paraphernalia are not acceptable.
Please note the following two disclaimers:
- Violation of these guidelines might require a change of clothes being brought to school and/or disciplinary action.
- Changes may be made to the dress code during the school year if deemed appropriate to maintain the learning environment by site administration.