Every year our students take junior and senior level placement tests. The tests include the SAT, the Science content exam, AP exams, and MAP state exams. One great way to help Hale High School is to volunteer to be a test monitor. Hale will need many monitors each year to help the testing period go smoothly. Training is provided. Please click on the volunteer contact tab above to get started!
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
NATHAN HALE HIGH SCHOOL PARENT INVOLVEMENT PLAN
Tulsa Public Schools shall promote parent involvement in all schools as mandated by Title 1. No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and work as equal partners with parents in providing quality learning experiences for every student, every day, without exception.
The Board believes and acknowledges that parent involvement raises the academic achievement level of students. Additionally, parents become empowered teacher morale improves and communities grow stronger when parents take an active role in educating their children. To this end, schools shall involve parents in the education of their children at all grade levels. The Superintendent or his/her designee shall provide coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist all schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance. Public Law 107-110, No Child Left Behind; section 1 1118-Title 1 Parent Involvement establishes that to build capacity for parent involvement within Schools, a district is to "develop jointly with, agree on with, and distribute to parents of participating children, a written Parent Involvement Policy".
BUILDING PARENTS CAPACITY FOR INVOLVEMENT
The Board believes that empowering parents to insist on improvement and giving schools extra Incentive to do so and by giving parents options regarding their children's education helps the district To realize its vision to become the "destination for extraordinary educators who work with our Community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers and life'. As a result of this belief, the Board shall create an environment of supportive and collaborative parent involvement.
1. Program Information for Parents: Nathan Hale High School shall provide assistance to parents of all children in understanding such topics as the state's academic content and achievement standards, the assessments being used, the requirements of Title 1, Part A, No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and how to monitor their children's progress and work with educators to improve their achievement.
2. Materials and Training: Nathan Hale High School shall provide materials and training, such as literacy training and training on how to use technology, to help parents work with their children to improveachievement.
3. EducateEducators:NathanHaleHighSchoolshalleducateteachers,studentservicespersonnel, principals and other staff, with the assistance of parents, in the value and utility of contributions of parents, and how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs and build ties between parents and theschool.
4. Understandable Communication: Nathan Hale High School shall ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings and other activities is sent to the parents of all students in a format, and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents canunderstand.
5. Other Requested Activities: Nathan Hale High School shall provide such other reasonable support for parent involvement activities as parents mayrequest.
PARENT/ GUARDIAN AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Each year, the school community will encourage exceptional parent/guardian involvement through community and school events. The District will use its Partners in Education agreements with community, businesses, institutions, organizations and agencies to improve parent/guardian, school, and community involvement. Nathan Hale High School has implemented the following procedures to increase community involvement.
1. Maintain the Nathan Hale website to list current events and contact information for all staff.
2. School information will be shared with neighborhood associations via e-mail, websites, and the electronic marquee.
3. Parents will have access to Parent Portal and be encouraged to monitor their student’s progress.
4. Staff and students will participate in community-involvement events.
5. Membership in Raising Rangers PTO will continue to be encouraged.
6. The administration of Nathan Hale will continue to work closely with the Nathan Hale Alumni Association.
7. Parents will be notified of all parent/teacher conferences as well as other community events hosted by the school.
8. Volunteer hours are recorded by a volunteer coordinator on staff.
9. The school will retain a Parent/Community Liaison to maintain a relationship between school and community.
10. The school will host informational meetings for parents concerning school reform, school policies and student recognition.
11. Translated materials and interpreters will be provided for ELL families and students.
Adopted: Reviewed and Revised September 4th, 2018
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
Nathan Hale High
6960 East 21 Street
Tulsa, OK 74129