Freshman Ranger Academy
Students may wear a Nathan Hale Spirit Shirt Every Day with Uniform Pants. If the shirt is not a Spirit Shirt then it must have a Collar. Jeans with a Spirit Shirt or Uniform Shirt still on Friday Only!
The dress code has been established to identify specific standards that all students must follow. Administrators and teachers will enforce and participate in the dress code policy. The administration shall be the final judge as to compliance with the dress code.
This dress code is established for two purposes: one, to develop a community among the students and staff; and second, to be dressed in a manner that displays school pride as the school will have visitors and work with higher education, business, and community partners on a regular and frequent basis.
All students in 9th grade are required to wear the following uniform:
- Pants must not have more than 4-pockets (two in front and two in back). No cargo-style pants, no denim or jeans, no leggings or jeggings (no spandex of any kind). Khaki shorts and skirts are allowed but must reach the knee.
Top outer garment
- Polo shirt – Red only
- Jackets must be Navy or Gray only with no hood.
- Sweatshirt must be Navy or Gray (No Hoodies).
- Items can be purchased through the School Spirit Store.
- Student-athletes may wear Ranger Sports apparel on game day only as long as they are in good standing (all grades at a C or higher, good attendance and behavior).
- Polo shirts must be tucked in and a belt must be worn. Belts must be brown or black only.
- No open toe shoes or house shoes.
- Undershirts, even with long sleeves extended out of the Polo, are allowed; must be red to match the polo or white. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed to be worn during the school day unless approved by administration due to inclement weather (lockers are provided to store outerwear).
- No headgear is to be worn inside the building.
- Sunglasses should be put away and not worn when inside the building.
- Ear buds should be taken off and put away prior to entering the school.
- Ear buds will be taken by the teacher if out and visible.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the classroom. Lockers will be provided so that students can store their electronics. If a cell phone is out it will be confiscated and a parent must pick it up from the lead teacher.
- The administration has the right to disallow any item that takes away and distracts from an appropriate educational environment. Examples include excessive facial piercings, brightly colored hair, and any other distracting element as deemed by the school administration.
- IDs must be worn at all times while in the building
Americorps is a voluntary civil program that connects volunteers with organizations in communities, such as schools, to help tutor and educate. Hale High School is proud to host Americorps volunteers!